Welcome to the Windermere Lake User Forum (WLUF) website
The Windermere Lake User Forum is an independent group that:
- Provides advice and comment to help deliver the Windermere Management Strategy.
- Acts as a consultative forum for communication with the Lake District National Park Authority and South Lakeland District Council.
- Accurately and objectively gathers the views of Windermere lake users and provide advice on issues affecting them.
- Receives reports on the delivery of the Windermere Management Strategy.
Membership of the Windermere Lake User Forum
The group has eleven lake user members representing:
- Canoeists – 1 member
- Outdoor activity centres – 1 member
- Anglers – 1 member
- Sailors – 2 members
- Swimmers (and divers) – 1 member
- Powered craft – 2 members
- Commercial users – 1 member
- Transport providers – 1 member
- General user – 1 member
Each member represents all lake users in their relevant group, rather than any particular club or organisation. More details can be obtained of each members role by following the Representatives menu above.
Meet the Forum – questions and answers
In May 2011 we held our annual ‘Meet the Forum Day’. Forum members, along with South Lakeland District Council and Lake District National Park staff, gathered at Ferry Nab. Many lake users left comments, suggestions and questions on our feedback forms from the event. Please read WLUF Meet The Forum feedback (Word document)
The meeting is a meeting in public, where members of the public may observe the meeting but not participate in discussions.
Members of the public can ask questions of the Forum in writing. Questions should be sent to the LDNPA Catchment Projects Coordinator – see contact us